At Carmel & Co Gymnastics we aim to give all children the opportunity to reach their full potential by delivering high quality programs where success is achievable.
Dream, Believe, Achieve
The club was founded in 1990 by Carmel Murphy. Carmel was a level 10 competitor herself and when her competitive days came to an end, her passion for the sport continued and within a matter of months she was coaching. Two years later, she opened her own business. The club started with 20 members and 2 staff renting a small public school hall. Over the years, membership grew and the club rented a small warehouse that meant they did not have to pack out each afternoon. Four years later construction of an 850m² gymnasium began and the new gym opened January 2006.
Current membership is around 500 in all programmes with more than 15 coaches including trainees
Since the beginning, the standard of gymnasts always increased. In 1997, one of our gymnasts received a full scholarship at the AIS.
Several years later, the club began training in elite gymnastics with MAG Gymnasts training at NSW High Performance Centre and WAG gymnasts training 6 International to 10 International in the NSW Gold Squad. Carmel was also selected, and completed her Women’s level 3 FIG Coaching qualification.
Our high level gymnasts represented NSW from 2006 to 2021.
Our coaches are accredited and qualified with Gymnastics Australia and we have been instructing children of all ages and ability levels in Gymnastics now for over 15 years and have produced some outstanding athletes in that time. But more importantly, we’ve had loads of fun! We believe gymnastics really is for everybody.
- Carmel Blades – Head Coach & Owner FIG Level 3 / High Performance WAG Coach
- Ben Alhovirta – Women’s Coach FIG Level 2 / Advanced Silver WAG Coach
- Andrew Blades – Women’s Coach FIG Level 2 / Advanced Silver WAG Coach
- Ken Coleman – Women’s Coach Advanced Siler WAG Coach
- Ellee Hills – WAG Coach, Kindergym and Recreational Head Coach
- Tayla Davis – WAG & Recreational Coach
- Miranda Blades – WAG & Recreational Coach
- Olivia Falconer – WAG & Recreational Coach
- Skye Tiernan – WAG & Recreational Coach
- Amelia Geraghty – WAG & Recreational Coach
- Chesney Baillie – WAG & Recreational Coach
- Lachlan Buttel – Recreational Coach