IMPORTANT – As classes start back on 12th October 2021, it is a Public Health order that both Parents are fully vaccinated, and masks are worn. Visit our COVID 19 page for a full list of conditions.
This program is for children aged 14 months to 4 years accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
Our coaches are accredited Kindergym coaches with Gymnastics Australia and this program was developed by child care professionals and qualified gymnastics coaches. In fact, gymnastics has been widely acclaimed as the foundation of all sports, and greatly assists in your child’s development of co-ordination, confidence, creativity and self esteem in a safe and stimulating environment. But most importantly, it’s FUN!
The Kindergym program offers music and movement based activities such as balancing, sliding, climbing, jumping and rolling. We all know that children learn through play, but they learn much more through structured and meaningful play which is the focus of our Kindergym program. Classes are held during School Terms only, as follows:
|TUESDAY||14 Months – 4 years||10:00am – 10:45am||ENQUIRE NOW|
|WEDNESDAY||14 Months – 4 years||10:00am – 10:45am||ENQUIRE NOW|
|THURSDAY||14 Months – 4 years||10:00am – 10:45am||ENQUIRE NOW|
|FRIDAY||14 Months – 4 years||10:00am – 10:45am||ENQUIRE NOW|
Kindergym 10 Visit Cards are $145, and valid for 12 months and you may come to any of the classes above at any time – no need to lock yourself in to a regular day! Alternatively, you may pay casually at $17.00 per visit.
A typical kindergym lesson will usually consist of:
- Children are welcomed into the kindergym environment.
- This first part of the class is design to allow the children to explore the gym with their Parents/ Carers. This enables children to engage in various activities of their choice, in their own time, and experiment in their own way.
Group Activities and Warm Up
- Everybody comes together to enjoy warm up.
- Through music, games and group exercises the whole body is involved in activity. Focusing on sharing, teamwork and social skills.
- With demonstration and guidance from the coach Parents/ Carers help the children through more structured circuits on the gymnastic equipment.
- Utilizing both gross and fine motor skills and developing balance, strength, confidence and co-ordination through fun movement activities and skills.
- Group and individual exercises designed to slow down at the end of the class.
- Including music, creative activities and cuddles.